DigiFab® Digoxin Immune Fab (Ovine) treatment offers flexible dosing specific to your clinical situation1
Reconstitutes in less than a minute1
- Reconstitute each vial of DigiFab® Digoxin Immune Fab (Ovine) with 4 mL of Sterile Water for Injection USP
- Gently mix to provide a solution containing approximately 10 mg/mL of digoxin immune Fab protein
- Further dilute each dose of DigiFab® Digoxin Immune Fab (Ovine) and administer as an intravenous infusion over at least 30 minutes
- The reconstituted product may be added to an appropriate volume of 0.9% sodium chloride for injection
To report an adverse event or for 24-hour medical information, call 1-844-293-0007.References
- DigiFab® [prescribing information]. BTG International Inc. January 2012.
DigiFab® Digoxin Immune Fab (Ovine) is indicated for the treatment of patients with life-threatening or potentially life-threatening digoxin toxicity or overdose. DigiFab® is not indicated for milder cases of digitalis toxicity.
Important Safety Information
Patients with poor cardiac function may deteriorate secondary to the withdrawal of the inotropic action of digoxin by DigiFab®. Rapid drop in serum potassium concentration may occur after treatment with DigiFab®. Patients with known allergies to sheep protein, papaya, or papain are at higher risk of an anaphylactic reaction. Suicidal ingestion may involve more than one drug. Toxic effects of other drugs or poisons should not be overlooked. The most common adverse reactions (>7%) related to DigiFab® are worsening congestive heart failure (13%), hypokalemia (13%) and worsening atrial fibrillation (7%). Please see full prescribing information, including events, precautions, or warnings.